Number of Visits: 12 - 20 monthly visits
Completion Time: 1 - 2 years
Recovery period: One Day
Orthodontic treatment is appropriate to improve the alignment of their crooked teeth.
• It helps to improve your oral hygiene and bite.
• We provide braces for both adults and kids, but the recommended age to get the braces is around 12 years.
Orthodontics at Diestel & Partners
1. Referral: If you suspect that you may need braces then call our hotline to book an appointment and discuss your options in our clinic.
2. Consultation: Generally around 30 minutes consultation. The orthodontist will examine and understand how braces will help you and what the requirement level is for that.
3. Dental Scanning: We will be taking the x-rays and scan of the construction and alignment of the teeth.
4. Fitting: Around 1 hour would be required by our expert in order to fit the braces for the teeth.
5. Follow ups: Once a month follow up is recommended by our orthodontist in order to track the progress and ensure the expected alignment is taking place.
6. Braces Removal: Once the entire treatment is completed, the braces are removed from teeth. The duration of the treatment in general is around 18-24 months. Retainers are needed for the following years in order to sustain the teeth alignment.
• Metal and ceramic braces.
• These are attached to the teeth by square brackets which have a wire running through them.
• It will be adjusted in each of the monthly follow up visits.
• Metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel.
• Ceramic braces are of a translucent ceramic material.
• This is recommended when the patient’s jaw and teeth are still growing therefore it is easier to move the jaw and teeth in the correct position.
• Generally recommended to the kids with the age group between 7 to 10 years.
Functional Appliances (Dentofacial Orthopedics)
Functional Appliances help guide a patient facial growth and development.
An orthodontist may recommend the use of functional appliances for patients whose jaw bone and teeth are still developing and growing. It can be of fixed and removable types.
Retainers are given to the patients once their braces are removed. Retainers help the patient’s teeth from relapsing.Retainers are also of fixed and removable types.