Number of Visits: 3 - 4 visits
Completion Time: 2 - 3 months
Recovery Period: 1 day
Implants at Diestel & Partners?
It can be used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth.Most Dental implants are made of titanium. They are conservative and that missing teeth can be replaced without affecting or altering the adjacent teeth. They integrate into the bone structure, they are very stable and can have the look and feel of one’s own natural teeth.
Dental Implant stages include:
• Pre-surgical appointments
• The Surgery itself
• Recovery and follow up appointments
• Dental x-rays
• CT scan
• Evaluation to determine whether you are suitable for the procedure
• Placement of the Implant - Implant surgery takes around 15-20 minutes for one implant.
• Attaching the abutment - Post surgery the next appointment generally is scheduled in 6 weeks. Once the bone has healed, a connector post (abutment) is placed on top of the post. An impression is then taken to make either crown, denture or bridge depending on the need.
• Fitting the crown - The final appointment is to fit the crown on top of the abutment .
Follow Up Appointments:
Next, you have a three month maintenance appointment.
A successful implant that is done properly and taken care of with good oral hygiene can last a lifetime. The documented success of our implant is 35 years with a 95% success rate.